Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outgoing iCloud Mail won't let me send mails from my iPhone using my @mac.com address. I"ve changed the iCloud account to the @me.com address but the settings keep reverting to the @mac address.

Outgoing iCloud Mail Server won't let me send mails from my iPhone using my old @mac.com address.

I"ve deleted the iCloud account and activated the @me.com address but then the iOS device settings changes my iCloud address from @me.com back to @mac.com

I can send @me.com email from the Mac and iCloud website.

I can receive email sent to the @me.com address on the iPhone but the list of available email addresses to send has only the @mac.com address.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 10:58 PM

7 replies

Nov 17, 2011 5:11 AM in response to Pogdaddle

The same with me. I can receive, but not send from my Icloud account on my IOS devices. It works fine from my mac. I do have an @mac.com account that I used to set up my Icloud account with. It gave me a @me.com address also. When I try and send an email from the IOS devices, I get that the server does not recognize the @mac.com address. I have seen a couple of fixes, that did not work when I did them. Let me know if you find out what the problem or the fix is.

Nov 22, 2011 6:25 AM in response to Smitty4ut

I finally got mine to work. I have my iCloud account set up with my old @mac.com address.

1. Under settings go to iClouc and delete the account. Choose keep the data or info on your iPad or iPhone. I am not sure of the exact wording, but you will prompted to keep your info on your device.

2. Then from the iCloud prompt choose add an account again. This time I put in my @me.com address and the same password that I used before. The account came back as my @mac.com ID, but this time the email address for the account was the @me, and not the @mac one.

3. It will prompt you to merge the data when the account is created. I chose yes, and all my info was still there.

4 I can now send mail from my iCloud account on my iPad. Then I did the same thing on my iPhone and it works from it also.

I hope this helps you also. I was getting frustrated with this. Glad it is fixed

Good luck

Nov 29, 2011 7:01 AM in response to Pogdaddle

I was finally able to get this to work, after reading other threads, on this subject. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what I did to get it to work. I was still signed on to an expired MobileMe account, on my laptop. I signed out of that account and did what Smitty4ut describes in his reply to the original post. iCloud still has my @mac.com as my id, but it lets me send and receive mail at the @me.com address. If you are still signed in on your MobileMe account, go to System Preferences on your computer and sign out. Good luck.

Outgoing iCloud Mail won't let me send mails from my iPhone using my @mac.com address. I"ve changed the iCloud account to the @me.com address but the settings keep reverting to the @mac address.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.