Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I ask siri to text or call my wife it says " sorry there's no wife number for ***** ******."

When I ask siri to text or call my wife it says " sorry there's no wife number for ***** ******." She is marked as my spouse in my own contact information and I have tried changeing this to wife etc but siri still wont recognise her as my wife. It will recognise her if I ask it to text my spouse or to text my husband butnot my wife. Does anyone else have the same problem? If so did you manage to solve it?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 1:08 AM

12 replies

Nov 17, 2011 2:32 AM in response to quingoid

Never had a problem, but just ran across it goofing around. Goes something like this:

-Siri, who is my wife?

-I don't know who your wife is, Quin.

-My wife is Mary.

-Which Mary? Mary Smith or Mary Davis?

-Mary Davis.

-Do you want me to remember Mary Davis is your wife?

-Yes.

-Fine. I'll remember Mary Davis is your wife.

-Siri, call my wife.

-Calling Mary Davis... [at the only number available, or Siri will let you pick from available, or you can have specified "call my wife on her iPhone," or at work, or at home, or what have you, in the original instruction.]

Nov 17, 2011 2:37 AM in response to quingoid

Oh, that's for iCloud. I've read that after you set that up with other services, like Google mail or an Exchange contacts list, it stores the relationship until the next time those services sync, and since they don't seem to have relationship fields recognizable to Siri, or iOS in general, it resets everything back so Siri doesn't have a clue. But if you use iCloud, the above should work.

Nov 17, 2011 2:45 AM in response to quingoid

I'd try to test it for you, but here in Texas right now Siri is being petulant. "I can't take any requests right now." Been that way for me for more than a couple days.

But, from what the instructions say on the Siri on/off switch, just turning Siri off and letting it sit off like that for a minute should clear, or at least disassociate from your iCloud account, the things it's learned about you. So, if anything, I'd trying turning Siri off, wait a couple minutes, then turn it back on. Try again. See if the wife relationship sticks. Otherwise, file for divorce, find a new girl, start all over again. ;-)

Seriously, though, from my experience most if not all my Siri problems I've thought were local to my phone were actually server-side problems, and resolved in their own good time. The little fixes infrequently worked, and when they did, I think only by coincidence. Perhaps, as part of maintaining or upgrading Siri, something isn't working for relationship flags, or those flags keep getting cleared. I'd say a complete reset and restore is a little extreme right now, unless you have the spare time and don't mind the hassle.

Nov 17, 2011 6:36 AM in response to sanford_may

Thanks again Sanford. I tried what you said (well the bit about turning siri off and on again, my wife got a little upset when I mentioned divorce, that did make me laugh though) but the problem persists. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it fixes itself in an update. It's nice just knowing there are people out there willing to help. I hope Texan Siri starts working for you again soon.

Jan 23, 2012 10:02 AM in response to sanford_may

I did all that and Siri calls my wife when I ask her to call my spouse but the moment i tell her to call my wife, she says sorry there is no wife number for me. But get this, when I turn siri off and then turn her back on n I ask her to call my wife she does it immidiately. Then I close siri n try it again, guess what? I get the same message sorry, there is no wife number for me!!!! Have tried it a thousand times......Have restoerd the iphone 3 times since yesterday.....NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK....kindly help.....ANYONE??????

When I ask siri to text or call my wife it says " sorry there's no wife number for ***** ******."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.