Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match songs not available on iTunes startup

Hello,

I am having a problem with iTunes and iTunes Match. When I startup iTunes on a computer that only has the iTunes Match library, all of the songs that are in the cloud are unavailable for me. They are all greyed out (see image below).

I did find a workaround where I turn off Itunes Match and then re-enable it. But that is annoying.

Anyone have any advice?

User uploaded file

Windows, iPhone OS 3.1.3

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 6:58 AM

12 replies

Jan 10, 2012 2:23 PM in response to KeithJenner

No, my issue is that all songs are greyed out once I restart iTunes, whether I closed it by mistake or restarted this never fails. I can deactivate iTunes Match and reactivate but that doesn't always work. When matching IS working all the icons are normal and all files are either matched or uploaded.

The cloud icon by the Music library ends up with diagonal repeating lines moving from left to right indicating a continuous loading. I have let the app sit there "loading" for 2 days thinking maybe something is just congested on Apple's end.

Considering what I've read on the forums as well as the fact the it works FINE on the Mac leads me to believe that Apple screwed up the PC end when updating to the most recent revision.

Apr 13, 2012 2:04 PM in response to SNDS

i have the same issue on my Macbook Air (OSX 10.7.3 w/ iTunes 10.6.1) so it's not just an issue with PCs. i actually haven't used iTunes in months due to this problem. the workaround suggested in this thread, while inconvenient, means i can finally listen to iTunes again (I don't store any music locally on the Air due to its limited storage).

Apple - any response? This thread is 5 months old.

iTunes Match songs not available on iTunes startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.