Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac os x lion server service software update

tell me how to configure the service. When the service starts, not all updates are downloaded from the site of apple.com.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 6:48 AM

6 replies

Nov 19, 2011 6:03 AM in response to slv1970

Same problem here. More specifically, the log seems to indicate that a list of available updates is downloaded, but the actual updates are not downloaded. The log is chockful wit this kind of errors:

swupd_syncd[2108] <Warning>: *** Missing version string for product 061-6809

and

swupd_syncd[42687] <Error>: Download for "Deprecations.plist" failed (reason: The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -3001.))

and

wupd_syncd[42687]: Download for "iMacFirmwareUpdate.smd.downloading" failed (reason: The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -3001.))

Is it because I messed up my DNS settings? Then I'd like to restore factory defaults for the server, trading the current setup with only a few users and confused server for a clean sheet. How to do just that?

Jan 5, 2012 11:57 AM in response to eljonco

I don't know if you've found the solution to this problem or not, but I just encountered it and appear to have solved it. The problem in my case was permissions, but according to Apple's documentation, this means that "

[...] NSURLDownload
was unable to open the downloaded file on disk." which implies that it could be permissions, not enough free space on the disk, etc.

Jan 26, 2012 3:35 AM in response to buffalo-joe

I have the same problem since a few days.

<Error>: Download for "Deprecations.plist" failed (reason: The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -3001.))

So SUS doesn't download new updates.

Everything worked fined, nothing has been changed.

I repared permissions, I have enough space on my disks.

Any ideas to solve this would be great.

Thanx.

mac os x lion server service software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.