Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiplex error AGAIN

I've searched the discussions for resolving the problem, and tried all of the suggestions, but I'm still having problems.

I've been recently using iDVD on shorter videos without any problems.

The video I'm trying to make is about and hour and 40 minutes long.

Under Project Info, I've changed it to whatever setting gives me the most green (Professional Quality?), and have changed the burn speed down to 1X.

There are no punctuation marks in the chapter titles. It is ONLY letters and numerals.

I'm using iDVD 7.0.2.

Under the map, there are no warning indicators on any of the icons.

I'm using a theme from iDVD 5.

Something of note: In the past, in order to have the video play in 16:9 ratio, I would have to take my FCE created video, start Quicktime 7, then drag the video to "Amorphicizer," then take the "amorphicized" video and place THAT into the iDVD project. For some reason, for the past few months, I've no longer had to do that. I have no idea why not.

Also, I've attempted this current project several times in the last few days. Initially, the project displayed all the components correctly. However, with this most current attempt, I've placed videos in the "menu" wells in each "page" of chapters. These videos will no longer play the video, but I can still hear the audio; the screen is black, though, and the chapters are no longer visible.

A suggestion was made on another (non-Apple) forum, that I trash all of the render files. I haven't done that.

Can anyone give me another suggestion to fix this? What am I missing?

Is the iDVD software corrupted?

Thanks for any assistance.

Gary

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 6:54 AM

7 replies

Nov 17, 2011 10:46 PM in response to Gary Markovich

Hi

A suggestion was made on another (non-Apple) forum, that I trash all of the render files. I haven't done that.

A. Either trash it - OR RATHER and better - Start a new User account and log into this and re-try - this forces the Mac to make all pref. files new to this User.

To trash it - it is located in the Library IN YOUR USER folder - Not the one Library on Your Macintosh hard disk (root level = first opening window)

• Delete iDVD pref. file - or rather start a new user/account - log into this and re-try

iDVD pref. file resides.

Mac Hard Disk (start-up HD)/Users/"Your account"/Library/Preferences

and is named - com.apple.iDVD.plist

While iDVD is NOT RUNNING - move this file out to desk-top.

Now restart iDVD.

If You run Mac OS X.7 or more - then the Library in the User-account folder is invisibly and need to be set to be viewable. IT IS NOT in the Library on Root level (when opening MacintoshHD - first window = root level)

B. - No button or text outside the TV-Safe area or even touching it - if so changre this to be well inside.

The external hard drive on which the project is placed has 47GB of free space, and the hard drive on which the operating system and the iDVD software exists has 15GB of free space.

C . External and secondary hard disk space - OF NO interest only the Start-Up (Mac OS) one and

• I secure a minimum of 25Gb free space on this if SD-video is used and about x5 more if HD-video is used.

(HD-video is way to much as NO DVD can support anything else than interlaced SD-Video - it is a Standard.)

Yours Bengt W

Nov 22, 2011 11:03 AM in response to Bengt Wärleby

OK. I've been working on this about a week now. I've tried the suggestions in the forums, as well as Bengt's suggestions above. I am able to create a disc image with the video and 16 chapters, all with the buttons within the "TV Safe Area." However, I continue to get multiplexing errors messages whenever I attept to include short videos in the drop zone wells.

Does anyone have any suggestions (other than ommitting the drop zone videos) to avoid getting the error messages?

Thanks,

Gary

Nov 22, 2011 11:09 PM in response to Gary Markovich

I attept to include short videos in the drop zone wells

What codec are those short videos in ?

What duration has the added together material You try to put on Your DVD ?

Together with Menu (can be more than 15 minutes - often are) will this exceed the Duration Limits of 60 resp 120 minutes on SL-DVDs or about twice on DL-DVDs ?

Yours Bengt W

Nov 23, 2011 9:25 AM in response to Bengt Wärleby

The four "drop zone" videos (running times of 50.10+42.18+38.16+38.11= 169.26) total less than 170 seconds (less than three minutes). The total video is about 103 minutes, and I have the project set to "Professional" setting.

Three of the videos are Apple Intermediate Codec. The fourth is DV/DVCPRO-NTSC.

The video that I edited is also in Apple Intermediate Codec.

Since your last response, I've substituted still images (jpegs) in the menu wells, and have sucessfully created a disc image with all of the chapters and the still images in the menu wells.

Thanks so much for your help with this.

Gary

P.S. By the way, are you in France?

Nov 23, 2011 12:18 PM in response to Gary Markovich

Think there is more to this - As I re-call it the movies dropped into the Menu wells - even if it plays for a few seconds are counted by iDVD in full so if I drop a 30 min movie into a well and set it to show the first 20 seconds - it will still be added up as if it's 30 miniutes. That Why I make new special movies at precise time for these well-movies.

And I would make them as streamingDV .dv as on miniDV tapes - as I know they work.

In France - I whish - Love Paris

No I'm in the upper North in a country named Sweden and here on the westcoast Port Gothenburg. And You Gary - Where in the world do You feel at home ?

Yours Bengt W

Nov 23, 2011 1:03 PM in response to Bengt Wärleby

Dear Bengt,

I did, indeed, make separated short videos for the iDVD wells, as I was aware of the time limits. Each video is under a minute. I will try to figure out how to change the codecs to streaming DV. I assume this would be from the "Export Quicktime Conversions" options.

I'm not sure why I asked if you were in France. I know you'd helped me in the past in the FCE forum.

Paris is nice, but Sweeden's beautiful. I've not been to Port Gothenburg, but I enjoyed my visit to Copenhagen a few years ago.

I live in Napa, California, about an hour north of San Francisco.

I'll try converting the codecs.

Tack mycket,

Gary

Multiplex error AGAIN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.