Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recent update causing AEBS connection issues?

I have 2 AEBS.v4. After the recent v7.6 update, the AEBS upstairs keeps disconnecting from the AEBS downstairs. It is setup to extend the network via 5GHz. This has never happened before. It has been connected for nearly a year, never losing its connection. At first, it would only stay connected for a few minutes, then few hours. Now its disconnecting daily. All other devices connect to the downstairs AEBS with no problems.

When I go into Airport Utility, it is unable to find the network. When I unplug it and plug it back in, it finds the network and all is GREEN.

Is there a way to downgrade this firmware update?

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 7:28 AM

1 reply

Nov 17, 2011 8:06 AM in response to kn1gh7h4wk

If you updated your AEBS devices from 7.5.2 to 7.6, then you do have the option to revert back to 7.5.2.

Open AirPort Utility, select one AEBS, and click Manual Setup

Click directly on the word Version (3rd line on the summary page) and a window will open with a selection box to allow you to choose the previous version of firmware

Recent update causing AEBS connection issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.