Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Couldn't stream from iTunes today

A great feature of iTunes Match that I haven't seen much talk about is that if you sign in on a computer that has zero music in its iTunes library, all of your music will become instantly available to you and will function as an honest streaming-only service unless you opt to download tracks manually. This is great news! I streamed music to my work computer all day yesterday and the only thing iTunes downloaded was the album art.

This morning however, trying to play a song just resulted in an infinite loading bar, where-as yesterday songs would start instantly. I had to turn off iTunes Match and then re-enable it to get the service working again. Has anyone else experienced similar things? The dream of not having to have any of your music locally kind of dies if it only works for a day.

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 7:40 AM

9 replies

Nov 17, 2011 12:07 PM in response to EricTheR3d

Just go to the itunes store, click your account name in the upper right-hand corner, and log in. The streaming will start working again as soon as you are logged in.

This is just a bug where iTunes should be prompting you for your password, but the prompt isn't showing up. It's not necessary to toggle match on and off, that merely works because it causes iTunes to ask for your password.

Couldn't stream from iTunes today

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.