Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

playlist order

I want to use itunes to play songs in a theatrical show, but I have two problems:

1. I can't see a way to be sure that the songs remain in the order I want

2. I want to be sure there's no delay between pressing the play button and the start of the song.

Is it possible to do what I want or do I need to go elsewhere?

MacBook Pro 2.2, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 4 GB

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 9:34 AM

If you burn your playlist to an audio CD you can be sure that the order of the songs will be fixed.

I want to be sure there's no delay between pressing the play button and the start of the song.

You might try to burn a gapless album, with the gap between the songs set to "none".

If you want to play your musical show from your Mac rather than from a CD player you could reimport your CD as an gapless album to iTunes, then play that album and not the playlist.

The track numbers in the album will ensure the correct order of your playlist.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2011 9:34 AM in response to Gerret Warner

If you burn your playlist to an audio CD you can be sure that the order of the songs will be fixed.

I want to be sure there's no delay between pressing the play button and the start of the song.

You might try to burn a gapless album, with the gap between the songs set to "none".

If you want to play your musical show from your Mac rather than from a CD player you could reimport your CD as an gapless album to iTunes, then play that album and not the playlist.

The track numbers in the album will ensure the correct order of your playlist.

Dec 11, 2011 7:11 PM in response to Gerret Warner

Put them in a playlist and click the column header (unlabeled) on the far left. The tracks will play in the order you set them.

2. I want to be sure there's no delay between pressing the play button and the start of the song.

iTunes can lag on this front. I don't know of any usre way to avoid it. Perhaps by keeping the library very short andmaking sure there isn't any competing software running.

I don't know if it still works on newest Macs but you could try Cog. A no-frills, free player.

playlist order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.