Skip navigation

Airport Extreme printing stopped working

554 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2013 9:39 AM by marekfromsos RSS
vintage42 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 17, 2011 9:12 AM

I have been printing wirelessly with a printer's USB cable plugged into an Airport Extreme. Today the wireless printing stopped working, evidently because the Airport Extreme no longer sees the printer:

-- The Airport Utility shows no printer connected the Airport Extreme, so of course...

-- The Epson Printer Utility says the printer is Offline (not connected).

-- And Print & Scan shows the printer Offline (red dot).

However, when I plug the printer's USB cable into a USB hub, the Printer Utility and Print & Scan show the printer as connected and online, and it the printer works fine.

How can I make the Airport Extreme see the USB printer so I can do wireless printing again?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 21.5", 12 GB RAM, 500 GB SATA HD
  • marekfromsos Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2013 9:39 AM (in response to vintage42)

Big thanks to vintage42. Had exact same problem.The WAN checkbox apparently unchecked itself over a weekend - spooky or what?

However it took me a while to find The WAN checkbox (which only appears when you access the manual AE setup).

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.