Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some of my cover art is missing from my iPhone 4S

After turning on iTines Match I have lost some cover art for albums and music, both purchased from iTuness and CD's that I had imported. The Cover art was all there before I turned on iTunes Match, now I just get the generic music logo. The songs are in the iPhone and play correctly.....

thanks for any help in advance,

christos

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), LION 10.7

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 2:28 PM

4 replies

Nov 17, 2011 8:06 PM in response to Christos M.

Well since I posted I have tried a few things and got most, but not all of the artwork to show up on the iPhone 4S and my iPad and Apple TV.

I turned off iTunes Match on the iMac with my iTunes library and restarted iTunes.

Then I turned on ITunes match and seleted the option to re scan my library.

All of the purchased music artwork came back and most of the CD artwork.

Only about five or six albumn covers (from CD's I imported a few years ago) won't load but the music is all there.

All of the artwork still loads correctly in iTunes on my iMac.

Interestingly if I select music from home sharing on my AppleTV All of the artwork is there but if I select music from iCloud on the Apple Tv, those five or six albums have no cover art.

Hope this works for others too.

c

Oct 13, 2012 10:18 PM in response to Christos M.

I am not sure how many of you had to re-os, power off multiple times, or restore. So, try these and hit 'like' and/or 'This solved my question' or 'This helped me', if it works as explained below.

What you do on the iTunes is what appears on iPhone. Artwork missing in iPhone is unlikely, if iTunes on PC has them. I am going to be very simple in writing, for everyone to understand as clear as possible. Follow the below steps -

1. Go to iTunes (On PC). Right Click and select 'Get Info'.

2. If any error message gets displayed there, try to play it once or locate that song manually, if you have recently changed the location.

3. Select 'Artwork' tab and ensure the artwork is still there.

4. (Here is the funny part) - Go to 'Info' tab (the tab between 'Summary' and 'Video')

5. Ensure for any particular song, the following values are always captured -

a) Name -

b) Artist -

c) Album - (Most of us tend to delete this album data, to avoid seeing duplicate of the name or artist)

Eg. On my iTunes (PC), a song is categorized -

a) Name - Bad Day (Ladies and Gents - I did not purposely select this song 😉)

b) Artist - Daniel Powter

c) Album - Bad Day

Try the above simple step and see if it works. If not, reply back to me and mention the exact error message. Can try to help.

Some of my cover art is missing from my iPhone 4S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.