Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Command + # to switch spaces not working

When switching spaces i can do it by the swipe mission control geture or holding the control key and then press the arrow key that all looks to be working ok so i can use spaces.

But i used to be able to hold the Command key and then press the space number and it switched me straight to it. but for some reason that is no longer working.

I just had a new HD installed and the repairers did the latest upgrades and all than so i have notices a few things are different. but this was a really good feature of switching spaces i liked. does anyone know how to bring this feature back?

Thanks

Adam

mac book pro, Mac OS X (10.7), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 2GB Ram,

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 3:41 PM

For me it's always been the CONTROL-number key that switched spaces/desktops. I believe this might be the default.

Anyway, in System Preferences, Keyboard, Keyboard Shortcuts, you can view/configure the key combinations for Mission Control and switching desktops.

charlie

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2011 3:41 PM in response to adlucas

For me it's always been the CONTROL-number key that switched spaces/desktops. I believe this might be the default.

Anyway, in System Preferences, Keyboard, Keyboard Shortcuts, you can view/configure the key combinations for Mission Control and switching desktops.

charlie

Jul 2, 2015 8:03 AM in response to adlucas

Actually, if I'm correct, the feature doesn't 'disable' per se, but rather it doesn't respect zoomed/full-screen apps. Desktop 2 refers to adding another non-full-screen desktop via Mission Control whereas a full-screen app is a different space, not a different desktop. What's confusing is OS X treats a desktop as a space (which is why the 'Move left/right a space' commands work with them, but it does *not* treat a full-screen app as a desktop which is why they *don't* work for that. Try it though... next time it stops working for you, simply add another desktop (Mission Control, top-right to add new desktop) and you'll see they start to work again, but you still can't get to full-screen apps that way. Only the 'Switch spaces' commands.

Command + # to switch spaces not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.