Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook late 2008 - boot camp Windows 7 32-bit - fan not running, at any time

Well the title says it all, I got a Macbook late 2008 and I installed Windows 7 32-bit with boot camp and I never heard the fan. I google it many times with different questions but seems no one got this problem, or no one has a Macbook anymore 🙂 just Pros and Airs now...

Thanks in advance,

MacBook, Windows 7, Boot camp

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 3:35 PM

Silence is not golden. The fans don't come on normally like they do OS X

It is a problem.

Force the fans with InputRemapper

Monitor temps closely

MacBook etc any really do run hotter becasue Windows doesn't and Apple doesn't have their own optimized "speedfan" and you can find threads to that effect.

99% is not fully compatible and this is one area. Battery life is another, shorter. There are a couple other things to look for.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2011 3:35 PM in response to VH Innove

Silence is not golden. The fans don't come on normally like they do OS X

It is a problem.

Force the fans with InputRemapper

Monitor temps closely

MacBook etc any really do run hotter becasue Windows doesn't and Apple doesn't have their own optimized "speedfan" and you can find threads to that effect.

99% is not fully compatible and this is one area. Battery life is another, shorter. There are a couple other things to look for.

Macbook late 2008 - boot camp Windows 7 32-bit - fan not running, at any time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.