Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download H.264 Video from Web

A friend sent me a web link to a H.264 video and asked me to download and bring into FCP. I can view the video from the web address but don't really know how to download the file. I tried searching and saw some information about a converter, will I need some addtional software to download this file? Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

iMac Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.6), FCP 7.0

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 7:57 PM

The ability to and means of downloading files from a website will vary from site to site. Some sites simply won't allow you to download their content. If you can't find a "download" link, paste a link to the site, and we'll help.

If it's H264, FCP shouldn't need any additional software to be able to import it. But I would edit in ProRes, or another I-frame format.

Matt

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2011 7:57 PM in response to 27993buck

The ability to and means of downloading files from a website will vary from site to site. Some sites simply won't allow you to download their content. If you can't find a "download" link, paste a link to the site, and we'll help.

If it's H264, FCP shouldn't need any additional software to be able to import it. But I would edit in ProRes, or another I-frame format.

Matt

Download H.264 Video from Web

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.