4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2012 1:14 PM by OoO_Bailey_OoO
OoO_Bailey_OoO Level 1 Level 1

I'm running iCal Server 10.6 and I have external invitations working for other addresses (e.g. gmail), but I'm having a problem where I'm not receiving responses to my iCal events from my invite attendees if they have a MobileMe/iCloud "me.com" address.

However, if the recipient forwards me their sent mail reply, I can update the attendee status by opening their attached .ics directly on my client MacBook. This tells me that the iCal server is ignoring their responses.

Any idea why the email to com.apple.calendarserver+...@domain.com is ignored for me.com addresses?

Thanks

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Mid-2010
  • techgal Level 1 Level 1

Hello

Did you ever get this question resolved/answered?

Thanks.

kim

• OoO_Bailey_OoO Level 1 Level 1

No I didn't, even after upgrading to Lion 10.7.

I've also uncovered a score of related issues:

- iCal invitations to my server domain do not auto-add to iCal from Mail even though the Mail and iCal client settings are on

- If I double-click to open from Mail, new invitations default to iCloud even though I have my iCal Server calendar specified in preferences. Oddly, these events have the colour of the server calendar though

- If I right-click the unaccepted event, non-iCloud calendars are not available to choose

- If I accept under iCloud first, I can switch to the server calendar via Get Info after but then the entire event disappears from the calendar

- If I bring up the event switch it to the server calendar and accept instead, it duplicates itself briefly (one unaccepted still, the other associated to the server calendar), then the server event disappears

- Accepting invitation sent to the server domain on the iPhone shows acceptance, but does not change the status or update the server

- iCal responses send email but do not update Outlook Exchange attendee status

My plan is to eventually upgrade to Mountain Lion 10.8 (client and server) and most likely iOS 6.0, attempt to reproduce the problems, and then call it in to Apple Support within the coverage window (3 months). I've dealt with these shortcomings for a couple of years now. I don't know why I didn't think to call them sooner.

The English number in Canada is: 1-800-263-3394

• techgal Level 1 Level 1

I will be calling Apple today and will let you know what I learn.

Thanks for replying.

• OoO_Bailey_OoO Level 1 Level 1

Hi,

Just checking in to see if you got a satisfactory response from Apple.

Thanks