Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your iCloud session has expired

I updated itunes to 10.5.1 this morning and signed up for itunes match.

About half way through step2, It popped up a dialog saying

"Your iCloud session has expired"

"To maintain security, your iCloud session periodically expires. To connect to iCloud, enter your passward and click OK."

I've entered the password a bunch of times, but the dialog keeps coming back.

The only way around it seems to be to click cancel, which I have to do more than once.

Anyone else seeing this?

MacBook Pro 15" 2.40, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 5:49 AM

30 replies

Nov 22, 2017 10:42 AM in response to BasementJack

Hi Guys

I want to have multi-sessions for various purposes: work, graphic design etc. I was told this way I would fasten Mac speed.

I created 3 other standards sessions. Now I can't access the admin iCloud; as it will be easier to save in the same spot and share wise etc. HOWEVER, from standard I Can't access admin iCloud. Should I create 3 family account instead. I can't get my head around.

Thanks a lot,

F

Nov 24, 2011 6:50 AM in response to Fred Bock

Fred, I have a case open with apple.

One thing that semi-worked was to start iTunes in safe mode.

I'm not in front of my Mac, but I think it was don by holding down option-command while launching iTunes from the doc.

If you do it right, a dialog will appear telling you your starting iTunes in safe mode.

This at least allowed the initial process of setting up match to complete,

And I am now able to access match songs on my iPhone.

I'll update here wen I hear more from apple.

Dec 9, 2012 9:42 AM in response to Fred Bock

Funny, that didn't work for me so I hit "Reset Password" (I tried 3 x's and was offered the chance to change my password) on the warning and it brought me to a page to reset my APPLE ID PASSWORD, which is different from my iCloud password.

I entered that and all is well!

So much for trying to have different passwords :-) Doesn't Apple check these things?

Mar 11, 2015 10:02 PM in response to flexcapacitor

Well, it looks like it was an Apple problem. Apparently their servers went down. One thing to note if your purchases don't show up is to check for two things.

1. Check if you see the option, "Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases" is even showing.

2. Make sure it's checked.

SOMETIMES, infuriatingly, this option isn't even shown. I took two screen shots. One last night and then today. Notice the option isn't even shown.

Yesterday:

User uploaded file

Today:

User uploaded file

Notice the option appears below the horizontal line and above the "Sync playback information..." check box.

Apple, it would be great if you kept this check box visible and just disabled it or showed a message that the Apple servers could not be reached. You don't know how crazy I went trying to find this option only to find you had hidden it.

If it doesn't show up restart iTunes, logout and log back in. This option is in Preferences under the Store option.

Update: If this tip has helped you please purchase something to my software company velara3 where I try to make software that makes your life a little better.

Aug 17, 2015 3:27 AM in response to JHdeVilliers

"What finally did the trick was do delete all my browser cookies in Safari (Safari > Preferences... > Privacy > Remove All Website Data.)"

Same problem here only after updating to iTunes 12.2.2.25 and Mac OS X 10.10.5 (14F27) Yosemite.

Which specific cookie(es) should be deleted. I have thousands and do not want to delete them all.

Your iCloud session has expired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.