Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Jabra BT620s drivers?

I finally found a USB cable to connect my headphones, but I cannot find original driver disk.

Does anyone out there have the original drivers disk and could they make an .ISO image for download to all of us who need it????

Thx.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 11:04 AM

The Jabra BT620s is a plug-and-play device which does not require any drivers. The Support page for the Jabra BT620s is back up on the Jabra web site at http://www.jabra.com/sites/mobile/na-us/products/pages/jabrabt620s.aspx?tab=supp ort#UID8.

If you have any other questions or concerns, you can contact Jabra's Product Support Group by calling 800-327-2230 or by email at techsupp@jabra.com.

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2011 11:04 AM in response to bruiserb2

The Jabra BT620s is a plug-and-play device which does not require any drivers. The Support page for the Jabra BT620s is back up on the Jabra web site at http://www.jabra.com/sites/mobile/na-us/products/pages/jabrabt620s.aspx?tab=supp ort#UID8.

If you have any other questions or concerns, you can contact Jabra's Product Support Group by calling 800-327-2230 or by email at techsupp@jabra.com.

Nov 21, 2011 7:04 AM in response to bruiserb2

I can assure you that there was never a "drivers disk" included with the Jabra BT620s. If there was a CD at all, it would have included just the User Manual, but I've opened a few "new" 620s here and there's no CD in the packaging at all. As I stated, the product is plug-and-play - the User Manual describes how to listen to music from a PC using the USB cable (the microphone doesn't work in USB mode) - 1. Attach the USB cable to the device and your PC. 2. Wait 10 seconds and then press the answer/end and play/pause buttons simultaneously.

If you're trying to use the Jabra BT620s as a Bluetooth device, the drivers it's asking for would come for the device that brings Bluetooth into your PC. Individual Bluetooth devices do NOT require drivers but rather the form of Bluetooth communications (or Profiles) they use, DO. In the case of the BT620s these profiles are HSP (Headset Profile) and A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) for stereo communications.

Nov 21, 2011 7:03 PM in response to JabraSupport

Well, let's see what I am interpretting here..."I am lying", is what JabraSupport is saying. My Computer is also lying when it askes for the disk. Can I ask if you are familiar with a very OLD BT620s that I purchased when they were first being marketed? I have had this unit for nearly 10 YEARS and I can remember the original disk these old units were sold with! I cannot UPGRADE the firmware on this device because I DO NOT HAVE THE ORIGINAL DISK so that I can get the "bloody" thing to connect..............

Oh, I do not expect to get any help on this because APPLE and JABRA are more interested in deveoping technology to make the rich richer than support the old BULL^^^^^^^ that they have abandoned...............

The 5.0 upgrade to the IPHONE *****! It is so slow now that I hate the friggin thing and cannot wait to get rid of the POS.

Nov 22, 2011 5:27 AM in response to bruiserb2

The Jabra BT620s was first marketed in 2006 and while that's a year before I started working for Jabra, I believe I know enough about the product, and Bluetooth products in general, to assist you. As I said, individual Bluetooth devices NEVER require drivers when connecting via Bluetooth - it's the device that brings Bluetooth into the PC that does. The only driver necessary would only be a requirement if you're connecting the BT620s to the PC via the USB cable. However, the product, since its infancy, has always been plug-and-play.

I'd suggest downloading the latest firmware here:

http://www.jabra.com/_gnimages/43a19110-c5c8-49be-a4b7-d06365709025/Jabra%20BT62 0s.zip

and updating your BT620s.

I'd check the USB cable - some cables are wired differently than others - more or less connections depending on their intended use (charging only, partial or full connectivity). Try a different cable to be sure. I can't answer why your PC is asking for a driver otherwise - it could be the cable or maybe there's something wrong with the headset at this point.

As long the device is functional, Jabra will support it.

Nov 22, 2011 7:59 AM in response to JabraSupport

I have tried that firmware upgrade, and it says, "Access Denied" everytime I try to run it.

As far as the USB cable, it is the correct wiring and when I plug the device in, Vista "sees" the new hardware and attempts to load the drivers for the device. Since the device is OBVIOUSLY NOT plug and play, it is looking for a disk, cannot find drivers on-line, and finally fails. The computer does not, nor can not see it because there are not drivers installed.

Feb 2, 2012 7:46 AM in response to alex_atanassov

ALthough this is an old thread, I am just now trying to upgrade my own Jabra BT620s firmware and am getting the greyed out next button, even though I've exchanged several emails with support and done everything they've told me, including resetting the Jabra by plugging it into the power cord for less than 10 seconds.

Are you saying that if I let that window with the greyed out button just sit, it will eventually allow me to click it and run the upgrade? I think they longest I've let it sit and watched it is five minutes.

Thank you very much!

Feb 3, 2012 7:06 AM in response to alex_atanassov

How about 8 hours? Yeah, no luck again. You know, I just hate having this perfectly great set of headphones I can't use with my iPad 2. Would you be willing to have me send you my set and you upgrade the firmware for me since you're having luck with it and I'm not and then sending it back? I'll pay postage. I know this sounds awfully naive and foolish, but they're no use to me the way they are. 😟

Jabra BT620s drivers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.