Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPad 1 keep crashing on apps?

I want to know why my iPad 1 keeps crashing after so long on an app, it seems to be on the majority of my apps that I have on here, just wondering what it could be, is it a internal fault or is it a app thats causing the problem.

If anyone can help me on this would be appreciated greatly!!

iPad

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 11:18 AM

11 replies

Nov 18, 2011 11:25 AM in response to Josh2011read

I'm not sure this will be the fix for this issue, but try downloading another app - any free app will do.

If your apps are crashing after a period of use, and not right away when you launch them, try resetting your iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears - ignore the red slider.

Sometimes - quitting apps helps as well. Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Quit/close open apps by e tapping the home button and the task bar will appear with all of you recent/open apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus (-) sign in the upper left corner to close the apps. Restart the iPad. Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Feb 22, 2012 10:13 AM in response to Josh2011read

PROBLEM SOLVED

I installed iOS 5 on my iPad 1 when it came out in October 2011. Everything worked fine. Sometimes around the beginning of January, apps began to crash. First it was a few a week, but by the eginning of February, most of them would crash after running for a few minutes. Many would not restart untill I did a full reboot. My iPad became essentially useless.

After fighting this problem for almost two weeks, reading as many forums as possible, I did many things that DID NOT solve the problem. Here they are in the order I tried them.

1. Removed all working programs and rebooting the iPad - no effect
  2. Removed over 50 apps (from 200) that I was not really using - no effect
  3. Restored network setting via setttings - no effect
  4. Restored all settings via settings. This re-installed everything via iCloud - no effect
  5. Connected my iPad to my computer and did a restore and used a previous backup - no effect

Then, I remembered that other people were having problem with iCloud and that I had added services to iCloud around the beginning of the year. So I

Went into settings >> iCloud and disabled every iCloud service except the Find my iPad service. I rebooted my iPad and I have been crash free for three days.

So the problem IS iCloud.

Apple knows that there are other problems with iCloud and plans to fix it in the next release 5.0.2. In the meantime, try my solution and report to this forum if it works for you too.

Why does my iPad 1 keep crashing on apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.