Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem Reading PDFs

I can't seem to get more than just the first page of a referenced PDF i.e. Manual when I am in Safari (v5.1.1). Even downloading it, I get only the first page.

Any ideas?

JDB

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.93 GHz

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 11:10 AM

8 replies

Nov 18, 2011 1:04 PM in response to Linc Davis

In Safari.

Linc,

Thanks for responding.

I am in Safari. When I click on any iterm on left side below I get a second of a Quicktime image and then a web page opens with just the first page of manual showing and not in a PDF format. It is still in Safari and not in Adobe Reader.

LITERATURE & MANUALS

User uploaded fileAll documents are PDF files. You will need Adobe Acrobat® Reader® to view.

Nov 18, 2011 1:27 PM in response to JDB38

Please read this whole message before doing anything.

This procedure is a diagnostic test. It won’t solve your problem. Don’t be disappointed when you find nothing has changed after you complete it.

Enable guest logins and log in as Guest. For instructions, launch the System Preferences application, select “Help” from the menu bar, and enter “Set up a guest account” (without the quotes) in the search box.

While logged in as Guest, you won’t have access to any of your personal files or settings. Any application you run will behave as if you were running it for the first time. Don’t be alarmed by this; it’s normal. If you need any passwords or other personal data in order to complete the test, memorize, print, or write them down before you begin.

As Guest, launch Safari and test. Same problem(s)?

After testing, log out of the guest account and, in your own account, disable it if you wish. Any files you created in the guest account will be deleted automatically when you log out of it.

Nov 18, 2011 1:32 PM in response to JDB38

Linc,

One additional clue. I downloaded Internet Explorer and when I opened to the webpage and clicked on any of the left items I was able to save as a PDF and got the full manual.

When I try and save from Safari I get only the following message;

The document “Dispatcher.pdf” could not be exported as “Dispatcher.pdf”.

Here is webpage; http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SpecPage&Sku=JV M2052DNWW#BVQAWidgetID

I am trying to open Use and Care manual

I have noticed this problem on other websites when have to open something in a PDF. I hate to have to close out of Safari and open IE. Any ideas?

Problem Reading PDFs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.