Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPrint brother mfc-j430w

is it possible to use airprint whit brother mfc-j430w?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 2:11 PM

If the printer supports Airprint, yes. Contact Brother support and ask.

10 replies

Dec 16, 2011 10:03 AM in response to loedy

The MFC-J430w is now AirPrint compatible - I just bought the printer today because it showed up on the compatability list.

My iPhone wasn't finding the printer via AirPrint after initially setting the printer up but after updating the firmware on the printer I had no trouble printing directly from my iPhone and my iPad.

Jan 28, 2012 7:48 PM in response to EDLMT

EDLMT hit the nail in the head. I was successful with printing wirelessly from my computer as well as on my iPad with iPrint&Scan. However, when I tried printing a Pages document with AirPrint, my iPad told me there were no AirPrint printers found. One not-so-quick (15-20 minutes) firmware update on my Brother MFC-J430W later and i was AirPrinting the night away!

Here's where you can get the Firmware Update:

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/dlf/download_top.html?r eg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj430w_all

Feb 8, 2013 5:28 AM in response to gmetz

Hi,

I have the exact printer, I have downloaded and installed all software from Brother include the latest firware on my iMac- Mountain Lion 10.8.2 But my iPhone 5 iOS 6.1 still can't find the printer. Is there some setting I need to do? I turned on printer sharing on the Mac and it does help either. The printer is set up to use WiFi, not USB.

Thanks in advance.

AirPrint brother mfc-j430w

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.