Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie open but I can't see it

The application is open, but the window does not pop up where I can interact with it. The only way I can see it is by creating a new project, but then it is shaded out and immediately goes away when I hit create.

I've used this program extensively in the past and had pretty good luck. I can't figure out why it's being so mysterious. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 2:49 PM

3 replies

May 28, 2015 3:41 PM in response to Kittenzen

Having the same issue, but I can't create a new project or anything else. iMovie "opens" in my dock (bounces and dot appears, menu at top appears but is not bold/highlighted and doesn't have any options available to do...anything). No window appears. Can't access any files or projects--all I can get are some text file windows. Have tried removing preferences, have tried going in and removing zero-byte files via library and package contents as recommended elsewhere, nothing. Next step un- and reinstall? But I don't want to put in another day's work only to lose it again if this isn't resolved.

I'm on 10.10.3 , iMovie 10.0.8

iMovie open but I can't see it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.