Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confused on the Basics

I have an iMac, an Air and an iPad2. I don't use the iMac much anymore so I'm trying to get the Air and the iPad setup so I can use iCloud. I would like my contacts, photos, music and some documents to be shared between these two devices. Here's what I did:

1. Synched the iPad with the iMac for purchased music so the iPad has the music I want on it.

2. Made sure the Contacts on the Air are up to date.

3. Checked all of the iCloud options (mail, contacts, etc.)

4. Selected all the options on the Air's iTunes Store for automatic downloads.

5. Typed a new contact (test) onto the iPad's Contacts.

So, now what? I went to icloud.com. It indicates I don't have any music and I don't see the new Contact. Does one of my devices have to be a master or something? Thanks.

jor

MacBook Air, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 10:46 PM

I don't use the iMac much anymore Synched the iPad with the iMac for purchased music so the iPad has the music I want on it.

If you didn't enable iCloud on the iMac then it won't sync any iTunes content with the MBAir or the iPad.

I went to icloud.com. It indicates I don't have any music and I don't see the new Contact

Open System Preferences > iCloud. Make sure Contacts is selected.

iCloud.com is accessed via a browser on the MBAir.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2011 10:46 PM in response to jortucson

I don't use the iMac much anymore Synched the iPad with the iMac for purchased music so the iPad has the music I want on it.

If you didn't enable iCloud on the iMac then it won't sync any iTunes content with the MBAir or the iPad.

I went to icloud.com. It indicates I don't have any music and I don't see the new Contact

Open System Preferences > iCloud. Make sure Contacts is selected.

iCloud.com is accessed via a browser on the MBAir.

Confused on the Basics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.