Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded my iPad to v 5.0.1 and can find no way to add an event to iCal. There are no longer any " " signs and tapping on the calendar doesn't do anything except turn the page. Any suggestions? It worked fine before the upgrade.

iCal was working fine before upgrading to v. 5.0.1 on my iPad. All the events from my iCloud account have disappeared and I cannot find a way to add a new event. No "+" sign, tapping doesn't work. I've tried everything I can think of. Any suggestions?

iPad, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 8:43 PM

14 replies

Nov 19, 2011 6:41 AM in response to Ferd II

No, this doesn't help. The calendar is turned on. I checked the settings in my iPhone 4s, which is working correctly and they are the same as the iPad. Also, I dont know if this matters or not but once the two calendars are opened, they look totally different. The iPad calendar does look like my calendar on my Mac Book Pro except no plus sign.

Nov 19, 2011 2:10 PM in response to peggyfromhelena

Peggy,

Go to iPad>Settings>iCloud, and turn Calendars "Off." Then after waiting a couple of minutes turn Calendars back "On."

You may also want to try using the solution posted by bodunrin in this thread: After update to iOS 5 my iPad-1 can't...: Apple Support Communities. You may also want to try some of the other suggestions listed in that thread.

User uploaded file

Nov 19, 2011 2:31 PM in response to peggyfromhelena

Peggy,

Be sure to try this suggestion by bodunrin:

"i didn't have to switch my icloud on or off...but i had to restart the calendar app.

To do this, exit the calendar app, then double tap the menu button to bring up the task manager (it shows a list of open apps in a strip at the bottom of the screen).

Tap and hold the calendar icon till a "-" sign appears on the icon's top left.

tap the "-" sign to shut the app...then tap anywhere on the main screen to close the task manager.

after that simply restart the calendar app as usual and you should have your buttons in place.

(ftw, i have icloud on for my calendar)"

User uploaded file

Upgraded my iPad to v 5.0.1 and can find no way to add an event to iCal. There are no longer any " " signs and tapping on the calendar doesn't do anything except turn the page. Any suggestions? It worked fine before the upgrade.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.