Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nestopia woes

Hi guys,

I'm having some issues with my usb joystick and Nestopia that I was hoping to get some help with. I have the emulator enhancer that allows for joysticks to be used, but the first time I tried to play a game, I hadn't installed the enhancer yet, so when I went to nestopia> preferences > joysticks... and tried to configure my controller, Nestopia said it didn't detect any joysticks and the screen with the table of unmapped keys popped up and gave me the option to configure my keyboard.

I realized my mistake, downloaded the enhancer and made sure it was running the next time I opened Nestopia. I had the controller plugged in before I opened Nestopia this second time, but when I went back to preferences to configure the joystick, I could still only see the same screen as before, with the upmapped keys and the configure keyboard button. ...so apparently Nestopia didn't detect the joysticks after I installed the enchaner.

I have tried ejecting nestopia, plugging the controller in, opening nestopia again, and it still doesn't say it's found a joystick. I've also restarted and tried using different usb inputs, but still no luck. It seems like Nestopia is just bypassing the step where it should be looking for the joysticks. I can't find a way to make it try to detect anything again.

I've been using nestopia with this usb same controller (a retrolink that looks exactly like the nes original) for a long time on my macbook with no problems whatsoever. I'm now trying to use it on a macbook pro and can't seem to get it to work.

Any help would be awesome!

Thank you!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 10:35 PM

1 reply

Nestopia woes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.