Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac air with intel cpu and os 10.7 unable to connect mob internet w Huawei dongle model E180 and Samsung 4g dongle mod. SWC-200. Where to find a driver? Install instructions? ISP only offers 5 yr. old driver

Unable to connect to the internet using a Huawei E180 usb dongle with new mac air (purchased by wife as a present 4 me last week). Intel cpu and os 10.7.2. Providers software is dated from 2006. Software/driver installs successfully but is unable to "see" the dongle. Thinks it is disconnected. Suspect that a new version of the driver is needed. Does anyone know where I can find an appropriate driver?

Have the same trouble with 4g usb dongle SAMSUNG SWC-U200. The software also installs successfully but does not see the dongle. The service provider told me yesterday that there are no drivers for this mac air. What to do?

Although my first computer was an Apple IIe, IIGS I have not worked with the apple world for many years (except for ipod4). Experience is mostly Wintel.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 10:34 PM

After I finished writing my help request I looked to my right and saw in the "more like this" section a link to a fix (see below)

Huawei E180 / Lion Problems FIX --- Gilsayr

I followed the instructions and my Huawei e180 dongle is working. Using to send this reply. Very good first impression of your support.🙂 I guess one factor is that my macair cpu is 64

Now I am still left with getting the 4g samsung dongle SWC-U200

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2011 10:34 PM in response to vyto2b

After I finished writing my help request I looked to my right and saw in the "more like this" section a link to a fix (see below)

Huawei E180 / Lion Problems FIX --- Gilsayr

I followed the instructions and my Huawei e180 dongle is working. Using to send this reply. Very good first impression of your support.🙂 I guess one factor is that my macair cpu is 64

Now I am still left with getting the 4g samsung dongle SWC-U200

New Mac air with intel cpu and os 10.7 unable to connect mob internet w Huawei dongle model E180 and Samsung 4g dongle mod. SWC-200. Where to find a driver? Install instructions? ISP only offers 5 yr. old driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.