Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A couple of syncing problems with numbers

Hi everyone,

I have encountered a couple of issues syncing numbers documents between by iphone and imac.

1) When trying to save files from my phone to my computer I connect the phone through itunes, go to the apps section and click on numbers but none of the files on my phone show up. If I click on any of the other apps listed for file transfer compatibility all their files appear so it seems to be a numbers issue.

2) No files are appearing in icloud.

All my devices and computer have been updated to the latest Apple OS and icloud enabled in the last 24 hours.

Can anyone help please?

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 10:36 PM

7 replies

Nov 19, 2011 4:30 PM in response to defektive

You need to use the wrench icon & click share & print to send a file to iTunes from your iDevice then, in iTunes on your Mac, you need to save the file to your hard drive.

Using iCloud, you need to log into your account on iCloud.com, click on the iWork icon & then the Numbers tab (if it isn't already active) & then click on the document to get the download link. Until Apple releases an update or upgrade of the Mac versions of the iWork apps, you have to do the syncing manually.

Yvan, your link is broken.

User uploaded file

Nov 19, 2011 7:03 PM in response to defektive

Thanks for the replies.

Peggy, I have been able to save files from numbers in my iphone to my computer using your advice thank you.

For some reason I am still having problems viewing files created on my iphone or ipad in the cloud. The only way anything appears in there is if I save it from my device to my computer and then upload it from there. I can then view them on any device but if I make any changes or create new numbers files they are not updated in the cloud. All devices have the latest operating system installed and I have "documents and data" switched on in the device settings. I am assuming that the file is updated in icloud as soon as you close the document on the device you are editing it on? Maybe I am being too impatient, it may take a while to update.

Nov 20, 2011 2:34 AM in response to Peggy

Peggy wrote:

Yvan, your link is broken.

User uploaded file

Are you sure ? Here it behaves flawlessly.

User uploaded file

Maybe you tried to reach it during some maintenance task (they edited about 150 notes during the week)

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) dimanche 20 janvier 2011 11:34:39

iMac 21”5, i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 Gbytes, 1 Tbytes, mac OS X 10.6.8 and 10.7.2

My iDisk is : <http://public.me.com/koenigyvan>

Please : Search for questions similar to your own before submitting them to the community

A couple of syncing problems with numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.