Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desperately Need Help - Cannot Update or Install Software

have an iMac Intel Core 2 Duo running on Mac OS X 10.6.4 I can't update existing software or install new software. Every time I try the installation either does not occur (e.g. for the Mac OS X software or iTunes where the install occurs with a re-start) or gets hung up a the last stage of the installation. I have a time capsule as well so am wondering if I should just reinitialize the whole system. I've already tried creating a new administrator and installing updates from there but that does not work either. PLEASE HELP

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 2:03 AM

1 reply

Nov 19, 2011 5:02 AM in response to Philbo62

I've already tried creating a new administrator and installing updates from there but that does not work either.

Phil...

So it's a system wide issue.

How much free space on the startup disk?

Right or control click the MacintoshHD icon. Click Get Info. In the Get Info window you will see Capacity and Available. Make sure you always have a minimum of 15% free disk space. Freeing Up Hard Disk Space - Mac Guides

Probably a good idea to run Disk Utility and check to see if the startup disk needs repairing > Using Disk Utility to verify or repair disks

Desperately Need Help - Cannot Update or Install Software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.