Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

use match, but still sync my iphone manually?

i've been so confuzzled by the whole itunes match thing i can't even remember if this was asked and answered already. i want to use itunes match to get better quality songs and such, but i don't want to download the music to my iphone 4, i want to keep syncing it manually with just the songs i want after i get the match set up on my macbook pro. is that possible? thanks.

MACBOOK PRO 13 MID 10, Mac OS X (10.6.8), MACBOOK PRO LATE 11, IPHONE 4

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 7:11 AM

Currently, if you have match turned on, you cannot sync manually. Only option is to turn on match, download the upgraded songs, then turn match off and sync manually.

3 replies

Nov 19, 2011 7:54 AM in response to iinami

If you turn match on only on your computer you can use your iPhone as you have in the past. I believe that was your question.

That was my original plan, but then I turned it on on my iPhone thinking I would play with it then turn it off and synchronize normally. Well, the phone is a little slow at times ( I have a large library ) but the ability to pull any songs from my library at any time is a hoot. Try it, you may like it! If not, turn off the matching on your phone, resynchronize with your computer and no harm has been done.

Paul

use match, but still sync my iphone manually?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.