Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 13'' going to be discontinued?

Am being googling and reading in most of forums that Apple is going to phase out MacBook Pro 13''. How true is the news. The Apple Store out here is ready to take my MacBook Pro 13" which is nearly 1 month old.

Should I return it rather than waiting for Apple to discontinue it

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 5:37 AM

13 replies

Nov 19, 2011 6:31 AM in response to Viraj Toronto

I don't know what forums you're reading, but note that Apple has not made any such announcement, so anyone talking about that is blowing a lot of hot air. If Apple were to discontinue the 13" - and I can't see any reasons why they would - they won't announce it until they actually do it.

Your 13" MBP will continue working just fine for many years. There's absolutely no reason to return it, even if the line did get discontinued. In fact, that would probably make it MORE valuable to people wanting a 13" machine.

Nov 19, 2011 7:10 AM in response to Viraj Toronto

I can guarantee that Apple will discontinue all of their equipment eventually. Of all of Apple's equipment, the MacBook Pro was the most recently updated so, logically, it should be the last of Apple's currently selling products to be discontinued.

Are you thinking about the Mac Pro perhaps? From the online rumors I can find, the Macbook Pro isn't due for a refresh until next spring.

Nov 19, 2011 9:11 AM in response to Viraj Toronto

Apple is always updating products. If you wait until they release a product that is never going to be discontinued, then you will be waiting forever. The MacBook Pro 13" was last updated less than a month ago. I can guarantee that it will be discontinued as soon as the replacement is ready. That replacement probably already has a projected date for when it will be discontinued.

Nov 19, 2011 9:26 AM in response to Viraj Toronto

I can guarantee with 100% certainly that the entire MacBook Pro fleet is going to be discontinued. Will it happen in 2012? In 2013? No one outside of Apple knows. I can also guarantee with absolute, 100% certainty that if the MacBook Pro line is discontinued to make room for a new, Air-like design, then there will be immediate rumors of the Air and the new MacBook Pro "slimline" being discontinued. And you know what? All those rumors will be true.

There is only one way to avoid buying an obsolete computer - don't buy one at all.

Nov 19, 2011 9:49 AM in response to Viraj Toronto

What does it matter? Your 13" MBP would still continue to be fully supported by Apple, and would still continue to work just as well, even if the entire line was discontinued tomorrow. Buy what you need when you need it and quit manufacturing artificial worries. Especially since you CANNOT get an answer to your question, because nobody here knows, and nobody at Apple will say until the day it happens.

Macbook Pro 13'' going to be discontinued?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.