Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can an "autoplay" QT jump back a page when finshed?

This may be too much to ask of a simple little app like iWeb, but here goes.....

I have an Index page ("videos") that has hyperlinks to pages containing "autoplay" videos. Is it possible to do something on one of the autoplay video pages that would cause it, once it finished playing, to jump back to the Index page?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 8:24 AM

6 replies

Nov 20, 2011 4:29 PM in response to Bill Myers

there are more than one way to do it, if you use qt object.

1) add parameter and dom event to detect end of the video. this method has quite a few cliches - doesn't work on all browsers.

2) simple way is to compare the video current playing time with its end time.

go here: http://temp.cyclosaurus.com/revolving/Blank.html

then click on Movie in the navbar and wait 'til the end of the vid.

Nov 20, 2011 8:42 PM in response to Cyclosaurus

Cyclo, that's brilliant! Your sample is doing exactly what i hoped I could get mine to do!

Only thing is, I am a complete NOOBIE with iWeb & HTML, etc. so I don't really understand what I am to do with the code on that page? Would I copy it in to an HTML snippet, and where does the snippet go? On the movies page, or on the page that precedes the movie (the one that it will jump back to?

again, many thanks

can an "autoplay" QT jump back a page when finshed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.