Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud corrupted all my bookmarks

After moving from Mobile Me to iCloud all my bookmarks on an IMac, iPad and iPhone have become corrupted;

Duplicate enties, then often not syncing at all.

Anybody have a solution?

iPad, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 9:06 AM

I had problems syncing bookmarks on an IMac, a MBP an iPhone 4 and an iPad 1.

Make sure you have latest OSX and iOS software on your devices.

I switched of sync on the MBP and cleaned the bookmarks. After that I disables sync on the iPhone and iPad and agreed to delete all bookmarks when I was asked. I checked on the devices in Safari whether all bookmarks were deleted and found a few being still there which I manually deleted.

Then I deleted ALL bookmarks on the iMac and waited until it has synced to iCloud. after that I disabled syncing on the iMAC.

On the MBP with the cleaned bookmarks I enabled syncing again and agreed to merge these bookmarks in iCloud which was flushed by the iMac.

After the MBP had uploaded I enabled syncing on all devices and now all devices show the same bookmarks.

Deleted and added some and all devices still are up-to-date.

Hope this helps

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2011 9:06 AM in response to Pipipulli

I had problems syncing bookmarks on an IMac, a MBP an iPhone 4 and an iPad 1.

Make sure you have latest OSX and iOS software on your devices.

I switched of sync on the MBP and cleaned the bookmarks. After that I disables sync on the iPhone and iPad and agreed to delete all bookmarks when I was asked. I checked on the devices in Safari whether all bookmarks were deleted and found a few being still there which I manually deleted.

Then I deleted ALL bookmarks on the iMac and waited until it has synced to iCloud. after that I disabled syncing on the iMAC.

On the MBP with the cleaned bookmarks I enabled syncing again and agreed to merge these bookmarks in iCloud which was flushed by the iMac.

After the MBP had uploaded I enabled syncing on all devices and now all devices show the same bookmarks.

Deleted and added some and all devices still are up-to-date.

Hope this helps

Icloud corrupted all my bookmarks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.