I coudn't get a fix to this issue. It's important to me because me and my husband share a home computer, in addition to my personal laptop.
This ruins the main reason I purchased iTunes Match... so I asked Apple to cancel it.
By the way, this is just one of many problems I had with iTunes Match. What a half-baked product.
I did some actual experiments on an iPod and I can confirm a few facts.
There is indeed a 90-day rule, it comes in to effect whenever you download "content" from the iTunes Cloud. (all the words in bold are important): It is not just relevant for iTiunes Match.
- the lock will indeed then prevent you from downloading content already purchased from the cloud under a different AppleID for 90 days.
- however you can still transfer, during this 90 days, content from a different AppleID from iTunes on a computer by syncing, and then play it OK.
- you can also download NEW content under a different AppleID to the one your device is locked/associated too. You just can not re-download previously purchased content.
- any content already on your device before it become "locked" is unaffected and can be played (even if it has a different AppleID).
- you can still stream content purchased under a different AppleID previously where streaming is available!
- IMPORTANT! all this does NOT apply to Apps! It just applies to movies/tv/music. So even if you lock your device you can still happily switch Appleids for App downloading. This detail confused me for a long time as most places I Googled did not distinguish this.
I hope this helps some people as it confused me until I tested it out!
Why this mess? I put it down to arcane licensing restrictions by the film/tv industry.
I am having this same problem. I am the ONLY person using this computer. I have two apple ID's, but I have never downloaded, purchased anything or used the other one at all.
I have checked my account, and it only shows my one apple ID being ever authorized on this computer. This may be a dumb question....but 2 weeks ago I sent my computer in to the apple depot and had the logic board replaced. I had to re-authorize everything, re-install some things, all kinds of weird things. Is this my problem?