Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing hand cursor and blue reverse color on menu items

Hi!

I have a white macbook 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HD, OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8, bought in may 2010.

Couple of days ago after running OSX for a few hours 2 problems occur:

1) my mouse cursor stops changing to a hand when hovering over links

2) when scrolling down menu lists I get no effect whatsoever, not the blue reverse color on menu items (which I assume normally is standard)

Both problems go away on reboot but reappear in a few hours again.

Thanks in advance!

/Leif

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Bought round may of 2010 in Sweden

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 10:55 AM

Hejdo,

Have you tried to repair permissions, and check/repair disk? Looks like some Finder plist file getting corrupted after a little use of your computer. Also, you could try and create a new user account, and log in onto this new account, to check if your problems exist on this new account too. If not, then something is going awry on your own (admin?) account; if not, well, then your issue is system-wide.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2011 10:55 AM in response to barracuber

Hejdo,

Have you tried to repair permissions, and check/repair disk? Looks like some Finder plist file getting corrupted after a little use of your computer. Also, you could try and create a new user account, and log in onto this new account, to check if your problems exist on this new account too. If not, then something is going awry on your own (admin?) account; if not, well, then your issue is system-wide.

Missing hand cursor and blue reverse color on menu items

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.