Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! "find my mac" BUG: UNLOCKing PIN NOT working

Help me please,

i've got this big problem.

I needed to try to lock my

MacBook Pro (15", 2.4/2.2 10 with Lion installed)

via iCloud "find my mac".

I did it in remote with my iPod Touch app "find iPhone".

It worked (unfortunately). First it located my mac in the right place, then i tried to lock it.

It asked to choose a 6 digit PIN, then asked it again.

And so my powerBook really locked.

Now i expected it would reboot with a request for my PIN (i saw that screenshot in many web sites), but no...!

My mac just shows a neutral screen with a blinking folder icon with a "?" in center...

i tried command + "s"

command + "r"

"t"

other otions on restart but... no way, the firmware seems to be locked and i don't know how to unlock it

It seems a BIG BUG for iCloud "find my mac"

any other had heard about similar cases, or could find a solution?

thanks in advance

luca

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iCloud "find my mac"

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 1:12 PM

My mac just shows a neutral screen with a blinking folder icon with a "?" in center...

First, try restarting your Mac while holding down the Option key. You should see the Startup Manager window where you can select the startup disk.

If that doesn't help try Lion Recovery

2 replies

Nov 20, 2011 3:54 AM in response to gianluca maria

Right answer, thanks a lot, you really saved me, i had a hurry-job to do for monday.

I thought i had already tried that way, but it seems i didn't...

now i just wonder why it's a mandatory pass to unlock you mac and it's not advised anywhere...

by the way, thanks again.

Ciao,

luca

ps

i was so happy about your right answer that i was going to say goodbye to you with an "I love you",

when i realized by your name that you are a woman, and my wife is here around, so i will bypass that,

but you can have an idea of my happiness by that...

Help! "find my mac" BUG: UNLOCKing PIN NOT working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.