Currently Being ModeratedNov 21, 2011 3:35 AM (in response to MikeTinny)
Hey i have an iphone 4s that randomly dropped to a "no service" then "searching". I've found quite a few other people have had this problem. I've had 2 bars and dropped a call and have had a text not be able to send at 2 bars. I just updated to 5.0.1 yesterday and before then never had a problem. My itunes is up to date with 10.5.1.42.. How would i go about performing your little trick with an already up to date itunes? Thanks in advance
Nobody has confirmed this setup to me so I wouldn't have a clue...
Reboot, Synchronize and tell us what happens...iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1
Currently Being ModeratedNov 21, 2011 4:10 AM (in response to Valvofolife)
the problem still persists even after doing as per Valvofolife.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 28, 2011 7:51 AM (in response to Valvofolife)
i have the same problem.
New Iphone 4S just purchased and as soon connected to Itunes updated Software Version to 5.0.1.
Tryed 2 different Sim cards from 2 operators but still have "No Service", "Invalid Sim" and "searching"
I tryed to reload Itunes and restore telephone but doesn't work.
If anybody has any other solution, please let me know.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 2, 2011 8:34 PM (in response to MikeTinny)
I have the same problem
Currently Being ModeratedDec 2, 2011 8:58 PM (in response to Valvofolife)
I took it back to the store and got it replaced. They play it like they don't know about this problem, but they didn't even try it. I urge everyone to do the same.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 7, 2011 2:37 AM (in response to Valvofolife)
I have the same issue, iphone 4s running 5.0.1. Signals randomly drop and then it says no service. I hope apple fixes this cause I can't use my brand new 4s. :S
Currently Being ModeratedDec 8, 2011 8:25 AM (in response to MysteryWoman10)
I have followed all the instructions to resolve exactly the same problem on my 3GS with absolutely no luck whatsoever!! It appears that only the 4 models can be resolved this way, not the 3GS's. I'm off the Apple store to see a 'Genius' tomorrow. I have spent 2 days on this and enuff is enuff.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 19, 2011 2:52 PM (in response to Valvofolife)
I have same Problem.
My iPhone 4 Works fine with carriers VIVO, TIM, OI and CLARO ( Brazilian Carriers )
After IOS 5.0.1 30 Minutes after TIM Carrier Die On my iphone 4, And Claro Die too.
Only VIVO ( carrier on I buy my iphone ) I Call to Carrier and Nothing resolve.
After 2 weeks VIVO Die.
Now I Can use Only Internet 3G ( 3G works but Calls and sms nothing )
My iPhone now are a iPod Deluxe with 3G.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 19, 2011 8:57 PM (in response to Valvofolife)
Here are my problems. Please help! I'm 15 and I dumped all of my summer's lawn mowings into this phone thinking it was the best investment of my life to find this dilemna.
SMS: It says message send failure, although the recipient receives the text. When they attempt to respond, I receive nothing.
Phone: It attempts to call the person, freezing on the dialing part although the recipeint on the other line is connected, just cannot here me. The weird part is my phone doesnt say we are connected. I cannot receive calls.
Overall, I am extremely P.O'd because I just dumped 300 dollars on a piece of shat phone i cant even talk or text on. ***?!?!?!??!!?!?!??!??!?!? And all the other features work great BUT the two stated above.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 27, 2011 10:42 PM (in response to Valvofolife)
i have an iphone 3gs and updated firware for both i[hone and itunes. had the same problem.
tried researching and saw this video:
did itt from my end and so far no issues...
hope this helps.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 26, 2012 3:06 AM (in response to Valvofolife)
I had quite a few issues with my iPhone 3GS after the IOS 5.0.1 update:
1. Random Restarts (as often as every 3 mins)
2. Loss of carrier every minute or so: SOS, NO SERVICE, SEARCHING...
3. Battery drains much faster than before (20 - 30% faster).
(I'm on the Optus mobile network, pay as you go, in Australia).
Possible Solution: (Worked for me) Similar to the solution macoi indicated previously
Summary: keeping it as simple as possible
After having tried many many complicated things, in the end a simple restore did the trick (but without using a previous backup). So I dumped the 'current' backup, and started from scratch. I found that for some reason, the problem (for me) only appears after some of the invisible 'factory settings' are changed (but I don't know what is changed, as it is all done in the background). These problem settings are also saved in the most recent itunes backup, so after I solve the problem, if I do a 'restore from backup' in order to get my data back, the problem reapears. It could be that the 'invisible problem' settings are related to the carrier updates/settings, but I can't be certain of that.
Steps I took:
1. Backed up all my data (some of it by copying the files elsewhere, some of it by using sync, some of it by writing it down: email settings).
2. In Itunes (after having updated Itunes to latest version, which is Version 10.5.3. as per 26 Feb 2012), clicked on 'RESTORE'. (Yup, the simple restore button which has the description 'If you are experiencing problems with your iPhone, you can restore its original settings ...'). TO NOTE THAT ALL THE DATA on the Iphone is lost, so make sure you back it up somehow. Depending on your sync options, you may be able to get most of it back (videos, photos, apps, calendar appointments) by using a sync with the data which you have on your computer.
3. After it finishes re-loading the IOS, it was clear that the iPhone was working ok (full reception). I set the Iphone as a new Iphone (so no restore from backup). To note that, for some reason, if I try to restore the Iphone using my previous backup, the 'SOS/ NO SIGNAL' problem reapears !!!
4. I used my Apple ID to register as per normal (made puting the data back easier: photos, apps, etc.).
5. Had to manually set my email settings (again).
So far so good (for me), all 3 problems seem to have dissapeared (for now).
Hope this helps others too. But please make sure you have everything backed up before trying this possible solution.