Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I really unable to escape single application mode?

Apologies if this question has been repeated (I did try to search for it but no luck).

I saw a property in Onyx or Cocktail for "single application mode" which will hide all other application windows besides the one that just got focus. This is irritating me to no end and I immediately reverted the config change. While I seem to recall it worked at the time, my OSX 10.7 (early 2011 MBP) acts like this all the time. I've tried to set/unset this option but it just won't go away. I hate it! My questions are:

1. What is the actual defaults property is that sets this behavior?
  2. How do I make this stop happening?
  3. Has anyone else experienced 10.7 refusing to cooperate on this issue? Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with the software?

Ok.. thank you. It seems like Apple Support Forums should have an easy-to-update FAQ functionality.

Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 3:05 PM

9 replies

Nov 20, 2011 2:56 PM in response to Pondini

Thanks for taking the time but that's what I meant by "I've tried to set/unset this option but it just won't go away." I couldn't remember whether it was Onyx or Cocktail but I had turned on the mode, then turned it off, and this might not even be related to me doing that -- it's just the easiest way to describe what's happening (it is behaving exactly like it did in single app mode).

I thought maybe someone would know off-hand. I can look it up. I'll post here the solution.

Am I really unable to escape single application mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.