Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

who knows the hardware difference between carriers, at

Trying to figure out the difference between these carriers as they relate specifically to the iphone 4S. Family wants them, but I'm not sure if it's worth switching carriers, or if there's a real advantage, one carrier to the next. I won't choose Verizon, they were just way too expensive, so I'm really just asking about AT&T and Sprint. Or, is there really no difference at all. We live in Houston area.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 2:13 PM

1 reply

Nov 19, 2011 2:45 PM in response to tracy93

So I'm guessing you are currently with T-Mobile? MetroPCS?

Talk to neighbors in your area who have Sprint and AT&T and see how their reception is, do the same thing for where you work and any other place where you spend a good bit of time. Won't do you any good to buy one from a company that has poor coverage in your area. And keep in mind cell coverage is block by block, not city, state or region so do ask around.

If you are going to travel out of the country you can buy unlocked iPhones from Apple and get a microSIM from the country you are visiting to save money. Your best route in this case is AT&T. If you aren't going to do this kind of travel then go with the subsidized phones.

Finally, Sprint is the only company left with an unlimited data plan so if you plan on downloading a lot, streaming movies, listening to Pandora, etc. your best bet might be Sprint.

who knows the hardware difference between carriers, at

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.