Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match songs greyed out on 2nd PC everytime I relaunch iTunes?

I deauthorized all my computers and reauthorized them one by one. Then I did the same for iTunes Match. On the first one I have no problems and closing and reopening iTunes causes no problems. On my 2nd, I turn on iTunes Match and everything works well but if I close iTunes and then relaunch it ALL of content is greyed out and it asks me to sign out and sign in. After this iTunes Match wants to to "Add this Computer" when I already have!!! Is this just a bug? Should I uninstall and reinstall iTunes on that machine? This is getting really frustrating!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 10:47 PM

32 replies

Nov 20, 2011 2:41 PM in response to ecamposcr

OK. Another test with better results.

I activated Home Sharing in "Advanced" menu. It asked for the accound and password and worked !

Now I can close and open Itunes and the songs appear grayed out for a couple seconds and become playable. I guess it's related to the application and authentication timing. Now it doesn't ask for authentication everytime as before.

Nov 21, 2011 1:14 PM in response to ecamposcr

Same problem here. Sounds like a common bug. I'm having the greyed-out iMatch music problem on the PC I originally bought iMatch on.

I tried setting up home sharing, but it made no difference. I'm asked to log in each time I start iTunes, but the iMatch music in the cloud is greyed out.

Any suggestions? Anyone from Apple listening?

Dec 15, 2011 9:48 AM in response to lec0rsaire

Yeah I think I'm having the same issue. I have my huge iTunes library on my MacBook Pro, and its over 200GB of just music, and I just bought a 128GB MacBook Air, and theres no way I'm wasting any space on it with any of my library, but I have iTunes Match Enabled, first time it worked fine, all the music is here, but every time I close iTunes and re-open it, it appears greyed-out. My workaround is to log out or to DISABLE iTunes Match, and RE-ENABLE it on my MBA, and it workes fine, but I have to do that every time I open iTunes. I'm HOPING its just a bug/common issue as it IS a new service, but it's pretty annoying. I hope Apple fixes it. I also have an issue on my iPhone. It doesn't load my playlists when I update them. Like I'll add a few songs and I have to go through the whole iTunes Match update process and then hope it refreshes the list on my iPhone. It should just update changes automatically so RIGHT when I buy something from iTunes, and put it in a playlist, it's there. Plus, my iOS devices or any iTunes Match devices using my library never seem to have my PURCHASED playlist. Apple should sync that playlist also because I love using it to listen to music I have JUST bought.

Jan 14, 2012 10:31 AM in response to JRHB

Not for everyone, though. That solution doesn't work for me. Clicking the cloud just makes it sit there trying to "reconnect" but never happens.

Contacted iTunes support and it was probably the worst customer service interaction I've had in my life. They told me stupid things, like install latest iTunes (already did), and then sent me an email explaining iTunes Match (wow). Then they told me to contact "Apple" support (not iTunes Support) and that I may need to pay for them to look at the issue. What the ----?

These issues (and their terrible customer service) have just lost an iTunes Match customer.

Jan 21, 2012 3:01 PM in response to lec0rsaire

Same here, each time I re-open iTunes I have to go to the process of deactivating/reactivating iTunes Match for it to work properly. In my desktop PC it works great, but in my laptop it shows a thunderbolt each time I reopen iTunes, and If I click on in it just try to keep reconnecting.

There are SO many issues with iTunes Match yet, it's a fairly unpolished product.

iTunes Match songs greyed out on 2nd PC everytime I relaunch iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.