Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wont come off hold, switch moves fine not droped or or repaired, Reset, and restored nothing worked.

Gave no warning just started, flip switch from hold, but still showes the lock and no control. Reset it same thing restored it same thing, will i have to send this in for repair? can it be fixed at an apple store?

thanks for any help.

iPod classic, Windows 7, 160 gig

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 11:15 PM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2011 5:58 PM in response to Bilbo_cheshire

yes a full restart and the lock still on, what it as doing is when I unlock it the lock icon comes and goes almost like flashing but no pattern, just on on on then flashes off for a second the on again. Was a pain to get it to reset.

Im thinking the switch may have failed in some way. Any thoughts on this or possible ways to fix it would be great.

I would be willing to fix it myself if there are instructions on how. and I could get the parts.

wont come off hold, switch moves fine not droped or or repaired, Reset, and restored nothing worked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.