Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen disable

Does apple have any intention of adding a screen disable function??? My 1 yr old daughter loves to watch videos and story apps on the ipad and likes to hold while doin so, but she keeps stoping playback or switchs app by accident!

It would be great if you could set the switch on the side of the ipad to disable the screen touch feature, would be great for children and im sure would have other applications too!

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1, Scree disable children lock

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 4:57 AM

4 replies

Jan 31, 2015 12:57 PM in response to Beatless

This may help to some extent.

We have just released an iOS app (working for both iPad and iPhone) that allows users to disable touch screen inputs all over the screen when viewing any image. The source of image can be from your photo album, camera, or clipboard (image that you copied from any source such as browser or e-mail, etc.).

This was developed to solve the frustrating problem of accidental touch on screen using an intuitive interface which allows freezing/unfreezing with minimum interaction. You will find it much more user friendly that the "Guided Access" feature of iOS if you are interested in freezing the touch for images. For example no password is required or no areas on the screen need to be defined.

Name of the app is "Still Screen" and the link is below. Please let us know if you have any feedback and suggestion to improve the app. Thanks.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stillscreen/id957150954?ls=1&mt=8

<I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.>

Screen disable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.