Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Installed Aqua Extreme theme can't get rid of it!?

Good evening everyone!

A hour ago , I was bored and decided to search for some themes to 'update' my interface. I just searched 'Mac themes' on google and I ended up with a site with a lot of themes on it. I decided to download one and install it.

After I installed it , my whole interface got messed up , the menubar at top is transparent with a ugly yellow bar beneath it which appears to be badly rendered , when I go in let's say 'Finder' everything is blue/white and yellow through each other , can't understand a bit of it.. But it just looks ugly , uglier then you can imagine

With the theme came an uninstaller , I did it multiple times and I rebooted it each time after it. But I just can NOT get rid of it.. I don't know what to do and I am quite panicking about it since I need this laptop everyday in college ( Mediadesign education program )

I got this Macbook Pro , 2-3 months ago and it had the newest version ; Lion I believe it is.

Maybe these themes aren't compatible with it that's why it went all wrong or something..

I really need some help here,

Thanks in advance

Regards

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 10:02 AM

20 replies

Help! Installed Aqua Extreme theme can't get rid of it!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.