Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home sharing missing content and messes thing up

I use iTunes Home Sharing on my network. I have a Mac Mini that has my iTunes Library. Home Sharing is turned on with my Apple ID. When I want to stream a movie or tv show to my iPad, a lot of them are missing in the home sharing menu in the Video App. Even movies and tv shows I purchases in iTunes store. Also a lot of artwork is messed up (wrong picture with wrong movie).

So it is buggy....I aready tried turning home sharing off and on again, but that didn't help.

I have this on my iPad and iPhone. On my Apple TV, however, all content is ordered as it should be. There it works perfect.

Any thoughts?

iPad, iOS 5

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 1:51 PM

62 replies

Nov 20, 2011 2:05 PM in response to Jaap74

Have you tried quitting iTunes, restarting the Mac and then restart the iPad? This may reset everything.

Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Reboot the Mac and launch iTunes again.

Nov 25, 2011 2:30 PM in response to Jaap74

I have found a sollution that solved my problem. I found it somewhere else on this forum.

If homesharering is messing your tv shows up, you should add an episode ID to every episode in iTunes.

1 select episode

2 right mouse-> get info

3 select video tab

4 select episode ID; Just name them s1e1, s1e2 ....and so on.

Home sharing missing content and messes thing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.