Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 2007 change my HDD to a SDD is it a good idea?

I have a iMac Core 2 Duo 2007 and I'm thinking to change my HDD to a SDD to improve the speed in Mac OS X Lion. What do you think about this? Good or bad idea?

My model: http://apple-history.com/?page=gallery&model=imac_mid_07&sort=date&performa=off& order=ASC

Thanks about some help.

New iMac 20, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 2:04 PM

2 replies

Nov 20, 2011 2:09 PM in response to Luiz Siqueira Neto

You don't say exactly how your iMac is equiped but going from a HDD to SSD may not get the performance increase you are lookng for. You should be using at least 4 GB ram with LION even though the sepcs say 2 GB. A faster spin hard drive, such as 5400 or 7200 rpm may be enough for what you want to achieve. A 2007 Core 2 Duo is going to be significantly slower than the quad core machines today so you should not expect performance close to today's hardware.

Best approach for now is make sure you have enough ram and a faster hard drive, SSD is very expensive.

iMac 2007 change my HDD to a SDD is it a good idea?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.