Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my 3-year-old iMac is turning sluggish. Is there an app to clean it up and improve its performance?

My comptuer, an iMac from almos 3 years ago, upgraded to the OSX 10.7.2 is turning very slow, and many application take forever to appear. A lot need to be forced to quit (even iCal and addressbook. Is there some software that can cick its act?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 4:06 PM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2012 1:08 PM in response to estifromoakland

I'm convinced the culprits are hidden somewhere in Lion and icloud. My iMac (also around 3 years old) ran great on Leopard, but boy did things go to **** in a hand cart when I added Lion, and even more so when I added icloud. I now spend as much time each day waiting on the spinning ball to stop (if it ever does) and logging into icloud and waiting, waiting and waiting, ad naseaum. Strangely, icloud works pretty well when I access it on my PC. Force Quit is about the only thing that works most of the time now--and given all the practice it's getting, it should work well.

my 3-year-old iMac is turning sluggish. Is there an app to clean it up and improve its performance?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.