Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

For film school do i need to upgrade my current 1st generation Macbook Pro ( 2007) ? anf if so, will a core 2 duo processor be enough or do ineed an i5 or i7?

For film school do i need to upgrade my current 1st generation Macbook Pro ( 2007) ? and if so, will a core 2 duo processor be enough or do i need an i5 or i7 processor?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 9:55 PM

2 replies

Nov 21, 2011 4:39 AM in response to mniles6

I would first find out what software you will be using and determine the minmum requirements for same. You may find that your current MBP wil do the job. I use EYE TV which one can record and edit 1080 high definition TV. The demands on a computer will be comparable to film editng and EYE TV will operate with any Core 2 Duo machine. A faster processor will enable to perform certain functions much quicker. When I run my edit compiler, my newer MBP will perform the task in about 40% of the time as my older MBP (I ran an apples to apples test).

My advice is to keep the current MBP if it meets the software requirements. If you find that it's too slow, then purchase a new one. If the software requires more horsepower, then you have no choice but to get a new MBP.

Ciao.

For film school do i need to upgrade my current 1st generation Macbook Pro ( 2007) ? anf if so, will a core 2 duo processor be enough or do ineed an i5 or i7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.