Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPhone 4 have a problem with signal

I have problems with a signal in my iPhone 4s

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 12:48 AM

11 replies

Oct 3, 2012 3:45 AM in response to Tsibiy

I recently updated my iphone 4 to io6 and immediately started having signal problems, if i went into a dead zone the phone as expected would drop signal, but instead of searching and connecting back once out of the dead zone the phone just remained showing 'no service'.

Switching the pohne off and on did nothing, but after a number of atteps of resetting network connections it would connect to my carriers signal. This happened every day, sometimes a few times each day so I booked an appointment with an Apple Genius, he said he had no idea but suspected there was an original modem problem which was 'found out' by the upgrade to io6.

He gave me a new iphone 4...that was yesterday and my new iphone 4 following a restore including the upgrade to io6 from my back up has started doing the same thing.

Prior to io6 i never had a single problem with the phone.

Sort it Apple and quickly

Oct 7, 2012 2:45 PM in response to piiineapple

My guess is Apple expect us to just lump it. I spoke to a service agent who firstly tried to suggest i try a different sim, suggesting that it was, although would be an unbelievable coincidence, possible that my sim went dodgy at the exact same time the io6 update took place.

He then suggested that maybe i should wait for the ios 6 fix, although qualified his comments by saying that he wasnt suggesting my problem was caused by the ios6 update.

Unfortunately I have a year left on my contract however if the problem isnt fixed very soon i will just take the hit and go Android cos I hate people taking the ****!

Oct 9, 2012 12:14 PM in response to Tsibiy

Same problem here.. had my 4 for a year or so now with no problems, until the IO6 upgarde a few days ago. Since then, it drops the signal. in a quiet area..... and No Service appears.. and then doesn't pick it up again..

Must be a software problem.. no way can all the above co incidentally have a hardware failure at exactly the same juncture !?

Resetting the network connections in General sometimes works, but mostly have to press home and sleep and then let the whole thing fire up again....gets a bit wearing about 20 times a day..

Oct 9, 2012 1:11 PM in response to Tsibiy

I have the same problem with my iPhone 4 after updating to ios 6. Now my phone drops signal 2 to 3 times a day and the only way to get it back is by restarting the phone. I have restored from iTunes and setup the phone as new, I have also replaced my sim card with a new one but the problem persists.

Reception shows more bars if I turn 3G off and use Edge, but then loosing carrier signal and getting stuck on searching - no service is more likely than when connecting to 3G.

Never had a problem on iOS 5.1.1

My new iPhone 4 have a problem with signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.