Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing To Windows 7 Home Premium Shared Printer

I recently upgraded to a MacBook Pro Lion 10.7.2. I am having trouble printing to a HP DeskJet F4185 connected to a Windows 7 Home Premium (SP1) shared printer. I have downloaded the latest printer drivers from HP. Very occasionally the print job completes successfully. Otherwise, the printer status window on the Mac says "Waiting for job to complete" and just sits there. On the windows machine, I can see the job in the "See what's printing" window. It says "Printing" in the status but the printer never prints.

If I connect the printer directly to the Mac, printing is successful.

Any inputs?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 2:24 AM

3 replies

May 24, 2012 7:31 PM in response to vs228

Omygosh! Finally an answer that works! I spent hours reading every post I could find and trying everything people suggested. I had exactly the same symptoms trying to print from Lion to an HP OfficeJet 5610 shared on a Windows 7 Premium computer. Everybody said to install the latest drivers from Apple. Turns out they were the whole problem...

I removed them as described, and then downloaded and installed the drivers-only package from hp.com, set up my printer and voila! It worked! I couldn't be happier!

Many thanks, vs228!

Printing To Windows 7 Home Premium Shared Printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.