You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Korg Trinity interface? And can my iMac keep up?

I've read the great posts here but am still a bit confused...

I've inherited a great MIDI keyboard--a Korg Trinity proX (88-note weighted)--and would like to use it to make songs on my iMac with GB2. I understand that I need a MIDI/audio interface to connect the keyboard to computer; would the Tascam US-122 work well? Or another you'd recommend?

Also, can I use the Korg both as a MIDI trigger (soft synths on the iMac) and to record audio using the Korg's own internal sounds? Or will my relatively old iMac be overwhelmed trying to keep up?

Thank you to all the knowledgable folks here...

iMac 17" 800MHz, Mac OS X (10.4.4), 786RAM, 80MB HD

Posted on Feb 5, 2006 2:35 PM

3 replies

Feb 5, 2006 3:00 PM in response to DBBrow

Your Korg should have an audio out which you can connect to the Mac's audio in to record the sounds of your keyboard (in a real instrument track).

It should also have a midi out which you can connect to your computer through a midi interface (there's lots of them out there) in order to use the keyboard to play software instruments in GB.

What you can't do is have a midi file in GB trigger the sounds of your keyboard - GB doesn't send out midi data.

Feb 5, 2006 3:21 PM in response to DBBrow

CD tackled everything else, so I'll just do this part:

Also, can I use the Korg [...] to record audio using the
Korg's own internal sounds? Or will my relatively old
iMac be overwhelmed trying to keep up?

With only an 800Mc machine, it's likely the other way around. Audio requires much less processor power than the soft synths that GB offers, so you may find you can record more audio tracks than MIDI tracks.

--HangTime [Will Compute for Food] B-|>

Korg Trinity interface? And can my iMac keep up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.