Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue opening t.co links

Whenever I click on a t.co link, safari will open, but will fail to contact t.co every time. Same site works fine with Firefox and Chrome. Anything I'm missing here?

Using OS X 10.7.2, Safari 5.1.1, 2008 iMac 3.06GHz w/ 4GB RAM

Cheers! 🙂

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 11:55 AM

From Safari's menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click Details then type twitter in the search field top right corner of the window then click Remove All > Done.

Quit then relaunch Safari. See if deleting Twitter cookies helped.

5 replies

Nov 4, 2015 9:34 AM in response to alexfrombristol

I've been having this problem on my iMac (El Capitan) but not on my MBP (also El Capitan). Removing cookies, turning off AdBlock, disconnecting TimeMachine –– all suggestions I've found here and elsewhere –– seems to help... for about 30 minutes, and it's back to not opening "t.co" links again.

Specifically, Safari will spend a lot of time trying to open it and fail; after it fails and I reload, it will actually take me to the proper link.

Other shortened links (e.g., goo.gl) does not have this problem. Other browsers on my iMac (e.g., Chrome) does not have this problem. It's just Safari on my iMac, which is my main machine, and it's driving me crazy.

Issue opening t.co links

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.