Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Libraries / Keyboard Layout folders?

Howdy All -

Because Mac doesn't ship w/ a proper Arabic keyboard, I made one using ukelele. I added this to my old MacBook. So far so good. I bought an Air in the spring, transferred my account from the MacBook - no problems (ahem, related to the keyboard layouts).

However, I wanted to share this keyboard layout with friends and colleages (the world!), but when I navigate to my user's "Keyboard Layout" folder in Library, there is only a layout I recently designed. Is there another place I might find the other layouts I made previously (& that are still listed in Language preferences)?

I seem to recall both a "local" and "global" Keyboard Layouts folder in 10.6: if I added a keyboard layout to the global folder, then all users had access to it. But if I added it to the local folder, only that particular user could access it. But I can't find any such alternative layout folder.

Thanks in advance for your help!

All the best,

Rax

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Mem: 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (sigh)

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 12:17 PM

2 replies

Multiple Libraries / Keyboard Layout folders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.