Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can You Play an Instrument e.g. Guitar on The M-Audio Keystation 61es USB MIDI Controller on Garageband?

Hi

Im thinking of getting a M-Audio Keystation 61es USB MIDI Controller and i was wondering, will it be possible for a C on the M-Audio Keystation 61es USB MIDI Controller to sound like a C on a guitar. Since i dont just want to use it to compose piano pieces.😐

Thanks!

➕Comments about the keyboard are welcome!

iWeb '08, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 12:53 PM

BlazingRiver wrote:

will it be possible for a C on the M-Audio Keystation 61es USB MIDI Controller to sound like a C on a guitar.

a MIDI controller can play any instrument you have installed on your Mac

4 replies

Nov 21, 2011 4:00 PM in response to BlazingRiver

Vanilla is the most popular flavor of ice cream in the world.

There. That's another answer.

Now give HT his 10 points, as he is correct. 🙂

(The controller is instrument agnostic, it doesn't know what it's controlling. Guitar, drums, bagpipes. Or piano. It simply spits out MIDI data which plays any instrument in the computer that you select).

Nov 21, 2011 5:06 PM in response to BlazingRiver

BlazingRiver wrote:

➕Comments about the keyboard are welcome!

The keystation will certainly work, and a lot of people use them for sure. As someone with a piano background, I'm not keen on its synthy action. So it wouldn't work for me, but if that's not an issue for you, it's another good bang-for-the-buck M-audio MIDI controller! (I prefer their Axiom keyboard. It's still a synth, but more substantial feeling, but also more money).

Can You Play an Instrument e.g. Guitar on The M-Audio Keystation 61es USB MIDI Controller on Garageband?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.